The Galloway Township Police Department has openings for full- and part-time Public Safety Dispatchers. Public Safety Dispatchers provide a vital link between our citizens and emergency services. Our Communications Center is a fast-paced environment with the responsibility of coordinating emergency services for the communities Galloway Township, Mullica Township, and Port Republic. We handle approximately 70,000 calls for service and officer-initiated activities each year, dispatching for 2 police agencies, 10 fire companies, and 1 EMS agency.
- Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma
- Ability to speak and read the English language
- Ability to multi-task
- The following qualifications are preferred but not required to apply:
- Current Basic Telecommunicator/9-1-1 certification
- Current Emergency Medical Dispatcher certification
- Current CPR certification
- Basic typing skills
- Prior Public Safety Dispatch experience
- Prior police, fire, or EMS experience
- Applicants are advised of the following:
- You will be subject to a full background investigation including criminal and motor vehicle history.
- You will be subject to a psychiatric examination to determine fitness for the position.
- If hired, you will be assigned a shift based upon the needs of the Police Department. Our Communications Center provides 24 hour a day services.
- If hired, your assignment will require you to work weekends and holidays.
Applications can be completed by visiting the following: