The New Jersey Office of Homeland Security, Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office and several local law enforcement agencies - including the Galloway Township Police Department - will be hosting a safety awareness seminar for Houses of Worship on 12/19/2017 from 06:00PM - 08:00PM. The seminar is designed for Houses of Worship front-line leaders, ushers, hostess(es), Houses of Worship security personnel, parking lot attendants and adjutants who are all encouraged to attend. Please see the attached flyer for further information.
The Division of Fish and Wildlife has provided residents with information on bear encounters. The information can be found on the link below.
On March 15, 2017, Officer Mulholland, captain of team "Buzz the Fuzz," participated in the St. Baldrick's Foundation with his partners, Tanner, Kaura, Savannah and Roman at at the Roland Rogers Elementary School in order to raise money for childhood cancer. The event was a great success and team "Buzz the Fuzz" raised $865 from their donations.
The Galloway Township Police Department was pleased to be invited to the grand opening of the new Wawa located at White Horse Pike and Pomona Rd. in order to participate in their hoagie-making contest in a challenge with the Pomona Fire Department. Officers Jorgensen, Brenner, Baerman, Gorneau and Gandhi represented Team GTPD and, following a close race, won the contest. Wawa, for their part, offered to donate $1,000 for our charity, the Police Unity Tour. Our officers had an excellent time with the employees and citizens who took the time out of their day to enjoy the entertainment. We would like to thank Wawa for being gracious hosts and generously donating to a great cause, and we wish you the best of luck in with your new location!
The Galloway Township Police Department website has now been unveiled after receiving a significant update in both layout and format. Some of the newest features included:
- Live access to the GTPD Facebook page for the most current information available.
- The additions of a "Search" box and an "I Want To..." feature in toolbar to help visitors locate the features or services they require.
- The ability to select the language in the toolbar for users who have difficulty understanding English.
- The addition of 'hot buttons' below the picture scroll for some of our more popular inquiries.
- Several other programming features to help make the website more accessible, consistent and easy to navigate.