Galloway Township is located in Atlantic County, New Jersey, 7 miles west of Atlantic City. It is approximately one hundred square miles with an approximate population of forty thousand. Galloway is residential / rural in character with a diverse population. The Township contains several public and private schools including a large public high school (Absegami) and Stockton University. Galloway is also home to the AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and the William J. Hughes Federal Aviation Administration complex. Galloway is one of the fastest growing communities in the state of New Jersey.
The Galloway Township Police Department consists of 62 sworn law enforcement officers. The Department is divided into three divisions: Patrol, Services and Administration.
- Newly hired police officers are assigned to the Patrol Division.
- Officers receive an initial uniform issuance.
- The Patrol Bureau includes four squads, each with a Sergeant First Class and Sergeant. The Patrol Division also contains several K9 Officers, Community Policing Officers and Traffic Officers.
- The Division currently works a rotating twelve-hour shift that allows for every-other weekend off (Friday-Saturday-Sunday)
- Officers are assigned a patrol vehicle. Officers who are residents of the Township take their assigned vehicle home.