The Galloway Township Police Department will start accepting applications for the position of Class II Police Officer on 04/10/2018. Applicants must possess a Police Training Commission (PTC) Class II Certification to apply. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, be at least 18 years-old, have a High School Diploma or State Certified G.E.D., read and write the English language proficiently, have no criminal record and be of sound moral character. Galloway Township is an E.O.E. Interested applicants can visit https://www.policeapp.com/ for more information.
Position is Part-Time: 20 hours/week
***All Applications Are Due by 04/27/2018***
Galloway Township is located in Atlantic County, New Jersey, 7 miles west of Atlantic City. It is approximately one hundred square miles with an approximate population of forty thousand. Galloway is residential / rural in character with a diverse population. The Township contains several public and private schools including a large public high school (Absegami) and Stockton University. Galloway is also home to the AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and the William J. Hughes Federal Aviation Administration complex. Galloway is one of the fastest growing communities in the state of New Jersey.
The Galloway Township Police Department consists of 62 sworn law enforcement officers. The Department is divided into three divisions: Patrol, Services and Administration.
- Newly hired police officers are assigned to the Patrol Division.
- Officers receive an initial uniform issuance.
- The Patrol Bureau includes four squads, each with a Sergeant First Class and Sergeant. The Patrol Division also contains several K9 Officers, Community Policing Officers and Traffic Officers.
- The Division currently works a rotating twelve-hour shift that allows for every-other weekend off (Friday-Saturday-Sunday)
- Officers are assigned a patrol vehicle. Officers who are residents of the Township take their assigned vehicle home.